Monday, July 29, 2013

Tasty Garden in Monterey Park



500 N Atlantic Blvd
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(626) 872-0900
Tasty Garden on Urbanspoon
Just recently revisited our beloved HK Style cafe, Tasty garden. Even though this is not the original or only location, I think it's still the best of them all. In fact, I think it's pretty safe to say that it's the best among other HK Style cafes.

A few more things to add to my previous review. These days, we are all trying to be a bit more health conscience right? Love the iced lemon teas at these cafes, but it's always super sweet. Luckily, you can have it not sweetened here. Also, you can order beer and wine at this location. For whatever occasion, this tasty garden has you covered. As far as beer, I think you are limited to Chinese beers like Tsing Tao. If you haven't heard of it before, it's just a Chinese lager. Should taste similar to Budweiser, since they do have part ownership in the Chinese beer company. For wine, I saw mainly Beaulieu Vineyard(BV) reds on display. In the minds of your typical Chinese wine drinkers, it's a good brand. To me, it's just the stuff they sell at Costco in bulk. I'm sure they have other stuff stashed away, just gotta ask the manager.

My parents always order the rice in clay pot. Was told that it's their specialty dish. I think it all right. When I want to indulge at Tasty, I usually go for the curries or the Portuguese sauce pork chop rice. Something about the rice and that sauce, it's super addictive and amazing.  Back to us being healthy again, since we are trying to stay away from carbs these days. My friend and I ordered a protein filled dinner. 
Consists of:
-French Style filet mignon
-Grilled chicken steak with mushroom sauce, side of string beans,
-fish fillet in black bean sauce

The food was great. The service was even better. I had to tell my friend to stop drinking his tea because they just kept refilling his cup. Unbelievable. A Chinese restaurant with service? Almost unheard of. Keep in mind, this is at dinner time when the restaurant was pretty much full. In the 626, best place for HK style cafe, right here. Hands down.

Check out the video my friend and I made from our visit. If you like our video, make sure to subscribe for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment