Saturday, October 19, 2013

Forage in Silverlake



Was it healthy? Yes. Was it organic? Yes. Does the food look good? Yes. Was the food good? Yes. Would I come back? Probably Not.

Being in Silver Lake, eating organic and healthy is probably the trendy thing to do. Forage seems to do just that. Props to Mr. Kim for hitting em right between the eyes. 

So here's my problem with Forage. It is just a bit hyped and over rated. Yes they do have healthy selections, but when you have Mac&cheese on the menu, 9 out of 10 times, people will ALWAYS get the mac&cheese. And that's definitely not healthy, no matter how organic it is.

Yes, the food looks amazing. But does it taste as good as it looks. Not really. The food is a bit bland, boring, call it what you want. I did get to try the tri-tip. It was properly cooked. Nice and tender. Probably best part of my meal. Wish I had more than 4 or 5 slices of it. Dude, how am I suppose to fulfill my gains? The food and drinks are all good, but not great. 

Here's the main reason why I would probably not come back, my dinner came out to almost $20 with an ice tea. Most expensive over the counter food ever. As good as the food tastes, the bill left me with a bad taste. 

My friend and I got here at 5:30pm. There were already a few hungry people waiting to get some of their organic goodness. The place filled up super quick. So come early if you want a seat.

Good concept, good food, terrible value. Wish I didn't have to break the bank to eat a healthy meal. 




Forage
3823 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323) 663-6885
Forage on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment