Thursday, August 8, 2013

Elite Event: X Games And Fleming's



Aside from all the commotions trying to get to DTLA by 5:30 and finding the Chick Hearn statue, this event was AWESOME.

I liked the idea of the tour. Definitely helped me worked up an appetite. Getting to see the staple center covered in dirty was pretty cool. Our tour guide was super chill, thanks bro! Glad that I got to see the X Games stage in person before they leave LA.

By the end of the tour, I was looking forward to a nice piece of juicy steak! I know I know, wishful thinking. But it was not far off. Fleming's had set up this super legit banquet room for us. Even got a sommelier to pour wine for us and any wine questions we may have. I didn't get a chance to play with the"wine pad" but I did checked it out. Looked pretty neat. Not sure if ipads will replace the sommelier soon, definitely something to think about.

Shrimp Cocktail w/ Kris Pinot Grigio delle Venezie Italy
Big shrimps, oximoron? Delicious.

Lamb Lollipops w/ Saint Clair Pinot Noir Marlborough New Zealand
Super tender lamb chops. Wish I had more, too busy drinking the wine.

Skewers of Filet Mignon w/ Chateau De Parenchere Bordeaux France
Not as tender as I thought it would be. But very tasty just like the wine.

Assorted Homeade Chocolate Truffles and Berries
Such a fancy treat. Wish there was more light in the room to take some good pictures.

This was a great event. Got to meet a lot more people this time. This was probably the best event(this year) so far. Big thanks to Fleming's for being super generous and being nice about everything. Thanks to the X Games for giving us that exclusive tour! And the biggest thank yous to our fearless leader Katie B. for setting it all up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment